We are tremendously grateful for the support of our sisters and Foundation friends who make it possible for us to provide emergency grants to members in crisis, leadership training for collegiate and alumnae sisters, resources to fight hazing and sexual assault, funding for the preservation of monuments and memorials unique to our history, and so much more!
Our last fiscal year running from August 1, 2016 to July 31, 2017 was a tremendous success. We received more than $2,521,000 in support from our donors, including an amazing $475,667 on our 2nd annual day of giving. It was another milestone year, and we couldn’t have done it without the loyal support of our members and friends. Thanks to their generosity, the Foundation was able to provide the following during the 2016-2017 giving year:
- 79 competitive academic scholarships worth $104,550 for undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education study
- Grants to universities in honor of the colonization of new Alpha Delta Pi chapters on their respective campuses
- Digitization and online hosting of The Adelphean of Alpha Delta Pi magazine and the histories of Alpha Delta Pi
- Grants to the sorority for the preservation of our archived collection in the Adelphean Room of the Cannonball House and the Eugenia Tucker Fitzgerald Memorial in Macon, Georgia
- Educational programming for chapter members, advisors, and alumnae attending Grand Convention and the first stand-alone session of The Adelphean Compass
- Resources for our undergraduate members in the continued fight to prevent hazing and in new programs to address sexual and relationship misconduct, binge drinking, hazing, and bullying
- Funding for 10 Alpha Delta Pi Leadership Consultants who visited nearly every Alpha Delta Pi chapter
- 19 Abigail Davis Emergency Grants and Clasped Hands Fund Grants to collegiate and alumnae members in financial distress
- Resources for our members as they worked to raise more than $1,515,000 for Ronald McDonald House Charities and other non-profit organizations through their philanthropy events
Gifts given in support of the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation provide essential resources for Alpha Delta Pi sorority’s educational, leadership and philanthropic activities. Established in 1983 as a separate 501(c)(3) organization, the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation accepts tax-deductible gifts to fund a variety of opportunities that benefit Alpha Delta Pi and its members, as well as the community at large.