WHY SHOULD I PAY REMEMBER DUES?
Membership in Alpha Delta Pi provides a lifelong connection to our sisterhood. ReMember Dues (i.e., alumnae membership dues) provide alumnae sisters with an opportunity to reconnect and contribute to Alpha Delta Pi while supporting our sorority’s programming and operations. Because of ReMember Dues, our sorority has been able to:
- Deliver leadership development experiences to chapter leaders and volunteers through Officer Academy, the Collegiate Leadership Summit, and Thrive;
- Expand outreach and engagement opportunities for all members through the Be the First and Talk About it Tuesday webinar series;
- Virtually host ceremonies for Jewel Degree, Founders’ Day and Milestone Membership Anniversaries;
- Increase collegiate officer and advisor training through e-learning courses offered in The Library on Pride Online;
- Launch new websites for all Chapters and Alumnae Associations; and
- Provide ritual equipment to many collegiate chapters and Jewel Degree ribbons for 2020 graduating seniors.
Alpha Delta Pi needs your support now more than ever! Your generous contributions will ensure that we continue to Be the First on our campuses and in our communities. Please consider investing in this opportunity to support our sisterhood by paying your ReMember Dues today!
Don’t have a Pride Online account, but know your member number? Pay here!
Frequently Asked Questions
I thought I was a lifetime member and paid my lifetime membership fee, why am I being asked to donate?
You are a lifetime member of Alpha Delta Pi and did pay an initiation fee as part of your lifetime membership. Unfortunately, when that fee was established, there was no way to predict rising mail and paper costs and increasing life expectancies. Our 260,000 alumnae now account for more than 95% of our sisterhood’s membership but contribute merely 1-2% to our operating funds. Each year our alumnae membership grows, as does the cost of providing alumnae services.
Aren't $30 annual dues relatively low compared to other national and professional membership organizations?
Yes, the amount is very low. Junior League, Rotary, and many other membership organizations charge annual fees that are significantly higher than $30. As a result, these organizations are able to provide significant services to their members. Imagine the advancements and impact we could make as an organization with more alumnae paying ReMember Dues each year!
Yes, many sisters do, and for that we are extremely grateful. Donations to the Foundation make a significant contribution to our philanthropic goals of scholarship, leadership development, support of the Ronald McDonald House and sisters in need. However, the IRS highly regulates how this money can be spent. ReMember Alumnae dues pay for items the Foundation cannot pay for, such as technology development, marketing/public relations, and membership materials for chapters and associations.
Grand Council has a fiduciary responsibility and obligation to best allocate the organization’s financial resources to further the mission of the sorority. Input is provided by more than 150 International Officers who volunteer as part of teams to develop programs, carry out goals and oversee budgets. All aspects are reviewed and evaluated annually to determine each year’s budget. Additionally, as part of ADPi’s strategic plan, members are asked through focus groups and phone interviews to help determine the direction and future of our organization.
How can I stay connected to Alpha Delta Pi and show that I believe membership is a lifelong commitment?
Involvement in and support of Alpha Delta Pi is different for everyone. At different life stages there are so many different ways that you can help. Here are some ways you can stay connected to Alpha Delta Pi:
- Pay your ReMember Alumnae Dues
- Join or start an alumnae association
- Complete an Alumnae Involvement Profile in the Pride Online section of the website